Able Australia is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to take part in a FREE* Deafblind Communication Guide Training Program in Adelaide, SA.
Deafblind Communication Guides provide direct one to one support to participants in a way that is tailored to meet their individual needs and goals.
The Communication Guide Training Program consists of classroom based training, site visits, guest speakers and a hands-on opportunity to support people who are deafblind in their communities.
By completing the Communication Guide Program, you will learn:
· What it means to be deafblind
· Deafblind communication methods
· Adaptive and assistive technology
· Sighted guide training
· What makes a good Communication Guide
What we need from you:
- Proficient Auslan skills (desirable)
- Enthusiasm, dedication and flexibility
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Current Police Check or willingness to obtain one
- Commitments to the rights of people with disabilities
- Availability to attend an interview on 10 -11 December 2018
- Availability to attend a full-time 5 day training program from Monday 18 February to Friday 22 February 2019
- Availability to complete 20 hours of Communication Guide Placement from 25 February to 19 March 2019
Are you interested?
To register your interest in the Deafblind Communication Guide Training Program, download an application pack here.
Application forms must be returned by Friday 23 November.
Any questions contact Alisha Hill at email@example.com.
* A $150 deposit is required prior to commencing the program. This will be fully refunded within 30 days of successful completion of the training program.