How we are Funded

Approximately 82% of our income is sourced from State and Federal Governments which allows us to provide a diverse range of best practice support services to people with a disability (including deafblindness) and in community support programs around the country. The remaining 18% is derived from fundraising, bequests and other sources.

Our fundraising work is particularly important, as it provides the people we support with real choice over the type of special programs and events they engage with to help them live life their way – something government funding simply doesn’t allow for.

Less than 20% of the funds donated are invested in maximising our fundraising opportunities.

We believe 80/20 is the right ratio for an organisation of our size as it allows us to successfully deliver and communicate our fundraising goals/achievements to the wider community without compromising the important work we do.