Since 1967, Able Australia has been supporting people with deafblindness through a range of individualised, person-centred services and supports.
We assist each person to direct their own support and encourage them to exercise choice and control over the things they need to pursue their life goals and dreams. Our individualised, flexible support services are customised to meet individual needs, which may include:
- Improved life choices - supporting individuals and their families to make informed choices through advice, information, resources, advocacy and referrals
- Improved relationships - support to help improve relationships with family, carers, support staff and other important people in an individual's life
- Increased social and community participation – recreation and community engagement programs to help overcome social isolation
- Community support – assistance with day-to-day needs such as shopping, banking and attending appointments
- Life transition planning, including mentoring and peer support
- Digital literacy and assistive technology training and support (Ablelink)
- Telephone or video interpreting
- Auslan training
- Interpreting and translating support.
Want to know more? Click here to arrange for an Able Australia representative to contact you or call 1300 225 369.
Proudly supported by: