Able Australia has developed a range of community support services and programs to assist older people, people with a disability and disadvantaged citizens living in south east Queensland.
- Active Living Program for Seniors – outreach community support, designed to connect older people with their personal and community contacts through locally delivered initiatives, activities and programs. Available throughout the West Moreton region.
- Aged and Disability Services - diverse community support to assist senior citizens in the Jimboomba region and surrounding areas to live healthy and fulfilled lives, which offers individual choice of activities.
- Broadband for Seniors - adaptive technology programs offering specialty training and equipment for vision impaired senior citizens in the Jimboomba region. Support includes accessing the internet, emails and a variety of software packages.
- Centre Based Programs - high quality, individually designed day activities for people living in and around the areas of Southport and Jimboomba. This program promotes independence, choice and social interaction.
- Community Visitor Scheme - aims to enrich the quality of life for residents in aged care facilities who may be isolated or lonely and would benefit from having a friendly visitor. Available in Ipswich and surrounding areas.
- Social Support - social support offers a diverse range of activities such as attending community events, bus trips, shopping, barbeques and museums. We even provide assistance with shopping, telephone support and group excursions. This service is available in Ipswich (3812 3437), Jimboomba (5547 8077), Southport (5600 0700) and Lowood (5600 0720).
- Personal Safety Alarms – 24/7 confidence to feel safe and independent at home. All calls are answered by a well-trained and compassionate operator. Available in Ipswich and surrounding areas.
Meals On Wheels - assists people with a wide range of support needs in the Jimboomba area by delivering healthy meals to clients’ homes. This ensures their nutritional requirements are met, while providing regular social contact and a friendly check to see all is well.
Like to know more? Click here to request an email from one of our Community Support experts or call 3812 3437.
For more information regarding Active Living for Seniors please call 07 3812 3437.
For more information regarding Youth at Risk please call 07 5547 8077.
For information about our Meals on Wheels service call 07 5547 8077.